Sunday, November 30, 2008

diverse populations

The United States of America has a pretty diverse population. For example, I, myself, am from India, but I was born here in Austin. Every day many immigrants enter the U.S. from many different countries. They settle in the country, and when more and more people come, the population becomes more diverse. The U.S. promotes the idea of immigration. First, when immigrants come to the U.S., they are accepted and all they have to do is take the citizenship test. Some people ,though,do not support the idea of immigration. However, it is up to the country to decide whet er or not immigrants can come in.

4 comments:

Katherine L said...

Where in India does your family live? Do you ever go visit there?

Kelsey M. said...

Hey Kush! I agree with you that every time immigrants come to the country our country gets more and more diverse. Do you think people like that everyone is from different countries? I do!Or else it would be too boring and plain! What do you think?

Kathy said...

Have you seen any of you're family members go through the whole "gaining citizenship" process? whats that like?

Park Yoon Ji said...

Hi, my name is Yoonji.
I read your opinion on diversity in the United States. I think we have more and more immigrants from south-east asian countries. So Korea seems to become more diverse in the near future.
Korean churches and NGO help immigrants in Korea like thoes in the United States.
But still Korea is composed of one people, which is called Han people. Korea is far more homogenous society than the United states. Since Korea has the history of Han People, I am not favor of the increase of immigrants in Korea
because I am not sure that I favor to see people rather than Han people in Korea.
I think I am familiar with one people in Korea but the United States is multicultural society so it is natural for diverse peoples to live together in the United States.